The Union: Saga/Gnomon Brazil Event!

From March 10th – 18th I had the amazing experience of going to Brazil  for an event that Gnomon organized with Saga, a company that teaches CG to thousands of kids across Brazil, aged 11-17. I organized the speakers, inviting several friends along for an epic journey: Neville Page, Fausto de Martini, Neil Huxley, Seth Hall and Stefano Dubay. During this one day event in Sao Paulo, over 400 people were exposed the experiences and techniques of several leading artists from the film and games industries. It was a ton of fun and I sincerely had an amazing time in Brazil… it is a beautiful country with wonderful and genuine people. I hope this is the first of many such events… Also, we announced a partnership between Gnomon and Saga to open a new school in Brazil in 2012. Stay tuned…

7 Responses to “The Union: Saga/Gnomon Brazil Event!”

1. Gilles Sampaio Says:
    March 28th, 2011 at 8:26 am

I am proud of that,
    3D in Brazil is growing so fast…

2. Henrique Says:
    March 31st, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I am new to the 3D industry, recently dropped business administration to follow this path and I’m trying to apply for 2012 Gnomon School.
    It’s really nice to hear that Brazil is becoming such a important reference of Computer Graphics.
    For those who haven’t noticed, I’m from Brazil haha.
    Looking forward to hear more of this school.

3. Cristian Rio Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Hi Alex,
    Congratulations on the excellent initiative. Great news for us Brazilians!
    We are waiting!

4. Thiago Lorenzo Says:
    April 30th, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Good morning I really liked to know you are with SAGA, which is a school that I discovered recently and saw that different from other art schools, students actually enter the market, I wonder if you can get a lecture here in Minas Gerais – BH future and / or other events. Thanks!

5. Igor Maciel Machado Says:
    May 20th, 2011 at 7:56 am

I’m brazilian, and so, I made everything to be there, at the The Union. And when the event was over, almost everybody there just headed outside, but there I saw a chance. I saw you Alex, sited on the stage talking with someone about career, and I couldn’t hold myself to speak with you. I know that I just talked with you for a few seconds, and that I was nervous and didn’t say much but thanks, but that small amount of time earned the whole day, and way more than that: You showed me, that the dream I have since I was a child is not void, and can, somehow, become reality. You are an icon for anyone, they just have to think about CG, and there you are. But for me is not only this. You’re an inspiration, and the artist I hope someday I’ll become. You just changed my life being the amazing artist and the amazing person you’re. I really don’t know what to say, but thanks. Thank you so much. (:

6. Sergio Gomes Says:
    December 25th, 2011 at 10:34 am

know the caricature of Neville Page and other arts.
    Thank you!

7. hollister outlet Says:
    January 15th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

888 On this earth design, every single item has become extravagant. Meanwhile, he is also operating with the sweatshop, lv crossover purse run by Chinese bosses, louis vuitton 2007 shoes that manufacture the counterfeit goods for his sales force.
    hollister outlet http://www.bwhgolf.com/hollisteroutlet.htm